Monday, May 9, 2022

10th finish for 2022, Carrot small done, tote bags, and next cross stitch project

The log cabin baseball quilt is done! I left the exact measurement at home, but it is about 55" x 65". I put music fabric on the back because it was one of the few pieces I have in my stash that would look ok with this quilt and I had enough yardage. 
The box is all packed including the scissor holder and will be on it's way to my sister's house today.
I finished the carrot cross stitch on Friday and turned it into a FFO - fully finished object - on Sunday. I used a mixture of wool batting and ground walnut shells to stuff it. The batting fills the space and the walnut grounds give it some weight. It measures 8 1/2" x 2 1/2".
I see many people finish their smalls by gluing on tiny rickrack or chenille, or mini pompom trim along the edge, but I like to stitch along the edge. I use a color floss that I stitched the piece with. I don't measure; I just stitch.
I spent some serious time this weekend cutting out tote bags for the merch booth for my nephew's band. I cut out 60 bags. I know that seems like a lot, but know we will need more. I already had 26 cut out of fabric that one of my blog reader, Cherie, sent me last year so 86 bags will be a good start for the season. Now I just have to get them made!  I also will be digging around to find a plastic bin to put them in for taking to the shows.  I look at this as an opportunity to either get rid of something I haven't been using or turn a bin of scraps into usable bits.  I have a bin in the garage and I am not sure what is in it.  Sounds like a candidate!
It finally stopped raining so I could mow the grass and it needed mow and trimmed! I also got a good start on my next cross stitch project. I found the chart in a book from the library. The book is called Creepy Stitching. As you can see I am almost done. I just have to finish the four legs on its left side. The legs stitch up fast. I am stitching this on a scrap of 32 count Lakeside linen in Maritime white. The design measures 4 1/4" x 4 3/4".  The design already came with skulls!  

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great productive weekend! You are ahead of me on finishes this year. I'll have to up my game.
That is a lot of bags to make but they stitch up pretty fast. They will be great mindless stitching until you get your next project underway.

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow, great finishes. I love how you finished the carrot mini... that looks so good!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Perfect cross stitch with sculls already part of it ;-). The music fabric backing does go nicely with the baseball top. I’m continuing to sort and organize my quilting stuff….I think I have more bag material for you (she says snickering about foisting stuff off).

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great! I love that it's set off center. The little carrot is so cute too.