Tuesday, May 25, 2021

What happened?

I get home from work, sit down a minute or so to cross stitch then the crazyness begins! LOL!! The blue area at the bottom left will be a trunk. Here is the picture of where I was when I last posted this Friday and where I am now.
The mailman brought me my acid free foam core so I can start stretching my cross stitch pieces. The frame molding was shipped Monday so I will have plenty to do over Memorial Day weekend!
Then my brother called and asked if I had any of that car cover fabric I use to make equipment covers. He has a buddy that needs a custom cover. No problem! I have a big roll of the fabric. He is going to get me the exact measurements so that will be one more job to add to this upcoming three day weekend.
I also added to my stash. Everything I got was on clearance and I got free shipping. It has been washed and ironed too! I wanted the tan fabric with circles for the back of the neutral baby quilts. I ordered 3 yards - enough for two backs, but they only had 2 5/8. I will just add a little something to one of the backings - no big deal.
I did watch the crew putting on a new roof at the neighbor's a bit. Did they ever make more work for themselves and what a mess! There was this older fellow that spent hours picking up the old roofing materials and carrying them to the dumpster. Why they didn't put the dumpster in the driveway is beyond me!  There were three young men on the roof - very young.  They looked so hot.  I felt so bad for the one who had to carry the bundles of shingles up the ladder.
I headed to the kitchen and had to package up the chicken I bought to put in the freezer. I had some chicken broth that I put on the stove, threw in some celery and added some of the chicken to make soup. After I got that cleaned up I headed out to water the plants. These 90 degree days are getting old! By the time I got done with watering it was almost 8 o'clock so time ran out for any quilting on the t-shirt quilt.  

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I agree, these hot days are just too much. Only going to be 59 on Friday and hopefully some rain preceding that during the night.

Robbie said...

Your cross stitch piece is beautiful!!!!! I don't know how you can see to stitch it! I have a heck of a time working with my 15 delica beads!!!