Thursday, May 6, 2021

Pin basting and stocking progress

Backing was pressed and taped down; I love my big table!
Smoothed out the batting with my trusty wooden yardstick
Spread out the t-shirt top and pin basted about 1/3 of it
Dropped down the leaf of the table so I can reach the next 3 feet. I will be starting to quilt this weekend. I am off work tomorrow so I should get a good start on the quilting.
Made some progress on the stocking. Right now it is all about outlining. I did make a change and did not stitch the hearts that were at the upper corners of the windows. Too many hearts on this chart for me. There will be a few more that are eliminated. Here is where I was and where I am now
Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Wow, Patty! You have been super productive on both projects. Nicely done.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That table is perfect for the big quilts that you make. Your fill in inprov piecing on the quilt top looks really good.

Pauline Michaud said...

Great progress! I'm always amazed at how well your t-shirt quilts come out. Your experience with them is really coming through! Love the stitchery as well.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Isn’t it amazing how the back stitching adds so much definition? Love you table!!

Kaja said...

I would love your big table too, if it were mine. A big improvement on crawling about on the floor!

Ann said...

Congrats on moving your t-shirt quilt along. You've been fast.

Robbie said...

WOW...you're doing great on the T shirt quilt!!! Good for you...love your needlepoint piece...just lovely!

Vicki W said...

I envy your table every time I see it!