Wednesday, May 26, 2021

What an evening

I will start with what I actually got done. I had about a half hour to quilt on this shirt. It's not done, but about half the outlining is done.
On the stocking I got a bit farther on the trunk. I ran out of color 931 so I will have to stop and pick up a skein on my way home tonight. Here is where I was yesterday morning and where I am now.
I spent an hour on the phone with my sister. She had a heck of a day at work and it was just too complicated to put in a text. It was nice to talk to her; it has been awhile. While I was on the phone with her, her son was texting me about a project. He wants me to make a padded bag for his keyboard. He sent me drawings, measurements, and a picture. After some back and forth, we settled on the design and fabric. I have never made a keyboard bag so this will be a first! Here is his special keyboard
Then I was on the phone again with one of my brothers about a project for a friend of his. His friend want a fitted cover for his outdoor tap dancing platform to keep the bird poop off of it. A tarp is just not doing the trick. I will be making it out of that car cover fabric. I need to put hook and loop tape on it, but I couldn't order any because someone tried to use my credit card info and I had to close my card. I won't get a new one until Friday. SOOOOO, my brother ordered the hook and loop and had it shipped to me. Crises averted! LOL!!! I need to get his done and ship it out on Tuesday. Here is the platform.
So I quilted a little then went outside to water the plants AGAIN! I need Mother Nature to help me out! It might rain this afternoon and maybe on Friday. Let's hope so! I finally turned off the phone and went to bed. When I got up this morning my son had sent me pictures of Addie Lou last night. She was the sweetest dog. She would just wag her whole rear end when anyone would come to the house and wait to get some love. Addie Lou was at least 12 years old and had to be put down last week. She had cancer.
Addie Lou with her Notre Dame shirt
Decorated for the holidays
and didn't mind modeling this hat scarf combo
She will be missed.

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Lots of great projects going on at your end. I hope you get the rain you need! Miss Addie Lou looked like a real sweatheart! So sorry to hear that she has gone. Our family had a dog like her, and we all loved him dearly.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your family really gives you some challenges with all of the different shapes and sizes of covers and bags.

swooze said...

Awww tell your son I’m sorry. Hard to lose our fur babies.

Kaja said...

Your family come up with all sorts of projects for you, don't they? I love that you never bat an eyelid, however left-field it seems. It's always sad to lose a pet and Addie Lou looks like she was a real sweetie.

Robbie said...

So sorry about Addie....always a heart break. She looks like a sweetheart!!!