Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Quilting and cross stitching

I had calculated my percentage done on the quilting for the t-shirt quilt incorrectly. I was at 45% not 49%. After last night's quilting session I am now at 52% done. I got the little forest green patch done, the teal shirt with adjoin yellow piece and the adjoin piece to the pink t-shirt. That means I had to change the thread four times. It is a good thing I am pretty fast at changing the thread! LOL!!!  Both the teal shirt and the forest green patch are thin, polyester fabrics.  I had no issues free motion quilting either of them.  I just take it a bit slower, straighten things out, and reposition my hands more often because the fabric has a tendency to slide around a bit.
So this picture shows everything quilted in the green outlined area. Tonight I plan on quilting the pink shirt.  That CHEER, shirt is going to take some time to quilt.  I will be outlining all the letters, because that is what I do!
I made good progress on the Xmas stocking too. Here is where I was and where I am now.

4 comments:

swooze said...

Looking good!

Kaja said...

At least the changes in t-shirts must stop the quilting from getting boring!

Robbie said...

WOW...you're a better woman than I am! I only did minor quilting...more straight lines...some curves but my grandson is very 'plain' so I figured straight lines would be best for his...which I am finished. I love, love your stocking...wow...that's a lot of work but it's turning out beautifully!!! You go girl!

Vicki W said...

Yay! Over halfway done!