Friday, May 21, 2021

Time to pick out binding

I didn't get any more quilted on the t-shirt quilt last night. I ended up mowing. The grass in the front keeps growing like crazy! Then I needed to finish mowing the backyard. I only got it half mowed Wednesday night because I wasn't feeling good and it was hot. So now I need to do some trimming to finish it off. After mowing I watered. Somebody turned the furnace on as it has gone from cold to very hot! The poor baby Lenten Rose plants were suffering and I am not sure they are all going to survive. I should have watered them sooner. I did get out some fabric to audition for the t-shirt quilt binding. I am leaning toward the one in the middle. I think the top fabric is too blue, and the charcoal one is too dark. I will let the lady who commissioned the quilt make the final decision.
I got the stitches removed from my leg yesterday afternoon. Thank goodness because they were itching like crazy. I think it looks really good. Give it another week or two and it will be fully healed.
While out mowing I saw I had one California Poppy flower! The California Poppy reseeded itself and I have them everywhere this year in my center flower bed! Once they start blooming it is going to be so pretty.
After the doctor visit I stopped and got sushi for dinner. Philadelphia roll is my favorite.
I did get a bit more done on the stocking. I got 587 stitches done since yesterday. The  blocks are easy and quick stitching.  It was also easy to count the number of  stitches.  There were suppose to be hearts in each of the blocks, but that is just too many hearts for me! There are smaller blocks under the tree in the same colors.  Here is where I was and where I am now.
I have no big plans for the weekend except to work on the t-shirt quilt. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Mowing in this heat doesn't sound like fun. I decided my grass can wait until after this heat wave because we aren't expecting any rain to make it grow. I'm glad to see your leg is healing well too.

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend!

Kathy S. said...

The quilting is awesome on the t-shirt quilt. I like the middle binding for it too. Glad your stitches are out now. LOVE the poppies!!! Great progress on the cross stitch as well. Have a fun weekend, Patty.

R's Rue said...

Yummy sushi

Ann said...

You are moving along on your projects. I don’t have to mow but there’s a constant call for weeding. Hopefully this will slow down in a few years are the plants take hold. Unless they die off in another freeze.

Kaja said...

My son just bought a house and needs to collect a mower from me. He's in no hurry but he does't understand what mowing a really over-grown lawn is like! I can't believe you are choosing binding already.