Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Quilting, stitching, and mowing - Oh my!

Gosh my evenings go fast. As soon as I got home from work (it takes longer to drive to and from work with having to bypass two road closings!) I gave the front yard a quick mow and trim. Then I headed inside. In the course of the next 2 1/2 hours I got some quilting done on the t-shirt quilt. The white shirt is done and the teal shirt is almost done.
I really like the quilting on the back. As soon as I get a few more shirts quilted I will start keeping track of my percentage complete.
I bought myself a present. Yesterday the mailman brought me a wool pressing mat that I ordered last week. I wanted one made with good NZ wool. I bought a 17" x 24" so half the width of fabric strips could be pressed.
I got a bit more stitching done on the stocking. Here is where I left off yesterday and where I am now. Apparently I can't count! LOL!! I am off a bit from the chart, but it is not the end of the world with the tree. It is easy just to fill in the tree when I have gone off track a bit.
I had to check out my cora bells to see how they were doing since they got a big drink of water this past week. The deer fence has made a HUGE difference! The four burgundy plants that I got in a trade for day lilies, are finally doing well since the deer are not nipping at them. I had planted a Lenten Rose in the middle of the plants hoping that would help keep the deer away, but it didn't. They carefully nibbled around the Lenten Rose thus the fence.
Here is what the bed looks like now versus a year ago at this time.
Thanks for all the good wishes with my leg. It is doing fine and looks to be healing nicely.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad your fence is working. After all of that hard work you want to see those plants grow and bloom.