Thursday, May 27, 2021

Lots of activity

I was hoping to get that second to last t-shirt quilted last night, but stuff happened! I did get a little bit more done before my tension went off kilter. I spent a half hour getting it straightened out. By then it was getting too dark to quilt - yes, it is hard to see without some natural light - and I ran out of bobbin thread. Here is where I am at now.
Things that ate up my time last night: 1. stopped at Michael's to get that skein of 931 for the stocking. Of course the drive took longer having to go thru the business section and hitting lots of traffic lights. 2. Stopped at the library to pick up books and CDs I had reserved. 3. When I got home I toted in the garbage bin, picked up the package left at the front door, and checked the mail. I had to open the package which was my frame molding. I bought unfinished so I could stain or paint it.
While I was doing that the neighbor came over with her friend and asked me about the chisel I had for splitting masonry. I looked and looked for it as we talked. Never did find it, but I got the friend enough information to help her out. That shot a half hour. 4. I was hungry and had to fix something to eat; another half hour + gone. Finally I got to sit down and quilt. This morning before work I used that floss I bought and filled in a lot of the trunk. Things are going to start moving slower with this piece because I am getting into the details where there are only a few stiches and a lot of color changes. Those brown stitches at the bottom of the trunk are the beginnings of a hobby horse.  Here is where I was and where I am now.
I am bound and determined to get that t-shirt quilted tonight!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are so close to done. I hope you don't run into any more tension problems.

Kaja said...

Good luck!

Robbie said...

I am just amazed at that cross stitch stocking piece you are working on!!! Blows my mind...it's so beautiful!!!

Kathy S. said...

WOW, Patty!!! You are so talented on the lettering of that block. Beautiful work. :) Can't wait to see your frame.