Monday, May 17, 2021

Nice weekend

I enjoyed my weekend and didn't pressure myself into doing something every minute. As I worked on the t-shirt quilt I had on home improvemnt shows which I would stop and watch if something was interesting. Spent some time mowing, killing weeds, and the usual household things like dishes, laundry, and cooking. I am now at 49% done with the quilting. I had a big issue with where the lightweight orange shirt met the gray sweatshirt. The seam was thick and it just isn't as smooth as I would like it, but in the overall scheme of things it will be fine. I was just happy that I had no issues with skipped stitches quilting those lightweight knit shirts.
The green area is what is quilted. I am 49% done with the quilting!
I didn't work on the Xmas stocking much, but I still have a bit of progress to show. Here is where I left of on Friday and where I am now.  A few more hours and the Xmas tree will be done.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

You re making great progress on both projects. Glad to hear that you might have even relaxed a little this weekend :D

Kathy S. said...

It was a beautiful weekend. We spent time killing weeds and mowing as well. Hopefully this week I will get to starting the garden.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That has to be a challenge with shirts of different weights. I have only seen ones with all the same type of t-shirts in them and I have never made one.