Monday, May 10, 2021

It's all good

I made progress on the t-shirt quilt; not quite as much as I would like.   I did get it pin basted and got started on the quilting.
I spent a lot of time resting per doctor orders. Thursday I had a spot on my leg - about 3" above the top of my knee - removed. The chunk she took out of my leg was pretty big and she put 6 dissolvable stitches in underneath and 6 on top. It measures 1 1/2" and the width of what she took out was 1/2"+. I was told to stay off my feet and rest. Well, I decided to mow the grass as soon as I got home since that area was still numb so I knew it wouldn't hurt. I kept waiting for it to hurt and it never did! The 24-48 hour window of wearing the pressure bandage was just about up so I had to put on my big girl pants on Saturday and take the bandage off. Not so bad!
Since I was resting I worked on the Xmas stocking. I made a lot of progress on it. Here is where I was on Thursday and here is where I am now.  I changed a few things from the chart.  There were suppose to be hearts on the tree - too many for me so I nixed them and will just fill in those areas with the different greens.  I also changed the stripes for the wallpaper.  Too much pink.
Sunday I went to a restaurant for lunch for the first time since December 2019 for Mother's day. It was a hibachi place so those big exhaust fans kept the air moving. The grapple finally stopped before I left. Grapple is not quite snow and not quite hail. It was gone from the ground by the time I got back home.  We had warmer weather in March than we do now!  I have a feeling it is going to go from this cold weather to hot without a slow rise in temps.  

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope your leg heals up fast. We didn't get any of the grapple even though it was mentioned in the forecast. We finally got over an inch of rain Sunday morning. That helps a lot in our dry conditions.

Robbie said...

WOW..can't believe you mowed after that surgery!!! May not have been a good idea in the end. Hope you do heal quickly with no 'mowing' bad results! You go girl!

Vicki W said...

Glad you didn't have any problems with your leg. I hope it heals quickly!