Friday, March 29, 2019

Two to go

I did good and got three more rows of blocks sewn together. That leaves two rows left to stitch. They are the top two rows in this picture.

I have to spend some time digging around in the fabric storage room to see if I can find something for the back. I know I don't have enough of one fabric so I may have to piece some fabrics together. If I do that, it would continue the theme from the front although it takes more time. I just don't want to go buy more fabric, so I guess that is what I will do.

I did need to get a new iron. Mine was spitting and the steam was non-existent. Here is my old iron. Yes, I wrote the date on it when I started using it so I would know how long it lasted. Why? I don't know. I just do weird stuff like that. LOL!! I am surprised for an inexpensive iron how long it lasted - over three years as it gets a lot of hard use.

Here is my new iron. I have had good luck with the Black and Decker digital advantage irons. They last two to three years and they cost less than $40.00. I have had more expensive irons that have not lasted that long except for the first Rowenta I bought in the 80's. That iron lasted me almost 20 years! I tried buying another Rowenta and it was garbage so I took it back. I guess I should have stocked up/hoarded the model my first Rowenta was! LOL!!

I have a list for the weekend of things to do. I am going to try hard to put a dent in it. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I just bought a new iron too. I keep thinking I need to write the start date on it because I seem to run through irons like crazy. LOL So you aren't the only one!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

My Rowenta lasted about 18 years and I LOVED that iron. I have had several since, both cheap and expensive. None compare to that Rowenta though!

Ann said...

I write the date of purchase on mattresses. Now I'm going to add it to my iron. When this one dies I think I'll purchase a non-steam iron and spritz the fabrics with a water bottle. It's such a pain to deal with steam irons.
Yes. Definitely use up what you have on the back.

Vicki W said...

I think that the Digital Advantage iron is one of the best made. I like it a lot better than the $300 tailoring iron that I bought over 20 years ago and after a year I couldn't wait to get rid of it.