I did good and got three more rows of blocks sewn together. That leaves two rows left to stitch. They are the top two rows in this picture.
I have to spend some time digging around in the fabric storage room to see if I can find something for the back. I know I don't have enough of one fabric so I may have to piece some fabrics together. If I do that, it would continue the theme from the front although it takes more time. I just don't want to go buy more fabric, so I guess that is what I will do.
I did need to get a new iron. Mine was spitting and the steam was non-existent. Here is my old iron. Yes, I wrote the date on it when I started using it so I would know how long it lasted. Why? I don't know. I just do weird stuff like that. LOL!! I am surprised for an inexpensive iron how long it lasted - over three years as it gets a lot of hard use.
Here is my new iron. I have had good luck with the Black and Decker digital advantage irons. They last two to three years and they cost less than $40.00. I have had more expensive irons that have not lasted that long except for the first Rowenta I bought in the 80's. That iron lasted me almost 20 years! I tried buying another Rowenta and it was garbage so I took it back. I guess I should have stocked up/hoarded the model my first Rowenta was! LOL!!
I have a list for the weekend of things to do. I am going to try hard to put a dent in it. Have a great weekend!