Monday, March 11, 2019

Progress on the 16 patch

First, I thank all of you for your get well wishes. Overall I feel a whole lot better! I still have a bit of a cough, but other than that I am almost over this cold. I am glad it only lasted a bit over a week rather than drag out for a month!

I finally took down the Harley quilt top so I could start using that design wall to hand up the 16 patch blocks. Here is the one lonely block hanging - LOL!!

I spent time on Sunday cutting more prints. I dug thru my African Dutch Wax prints and found some blue prints which I needed. With the digging around, I cleaned up three more shelves in the fabric storage room. Slowly the fabric storage room is looking better. Here is what the strips look like now hanging

I have the pieces cut and ready to sew together for the next block. I think I will stop cutting for awhile and gets some blocks made.

Friday I was so tired I could hardly keep my eyes open so I went to bed early. Saturday I helped my brother, SIL, and nephew hang wallpaper for 6 1/2 hours. Where the paper is going is in another room of the new studio Michael is putting together for a fellow. The studio will be for recording, rehearsals, and shooting videos. The space consists of the main recording/rehearsal room with a separate engineering booth, a storage room for instruments and cords, an isolation booth for one or two people to record in, and this latest room is for video recording. I took a few pictures of the progress of the paper hanging. We hung 14 lengths of paper before I was too tired to do any more. The wallpaper was 27 1/2" wide so one strip covered a larger area which was nice.

The paper is going to be painted black on some walls and white on others. Since I was too sick to help the week before, they installed the floor instead. I don't know if I will be needed next weekend to help again or not. My brother did most of the work smoothing the paper onto the wall and he was getting the hang of the process so they might not need me to help finish this.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Hanging wallpaper gives you a good workout.
Looking forward to seeing your 16 patch quilt evolve.

Ann said...

So they are putting up paper just to paint it? Is this because the house is older? Very interesting.