Monday, March 18, 2019

Now we are making progress!

This is the first weekend in a while that I have not been exhausted. I still have a cough, but the feeling of constantly being tired has lifted. This definitely shows in the amount of sewing I got done this weekend. I now have 49 blocks on the design wall!

For now I am just sticking them up trying to spread the colors around. I have five more blocks ready to sew together. Since I need 90 blocks for this quilt I am more that half way done with the making blocks!

I spent a couple hours yesterday going thru a few more stacks of fabric sorting and cutting more strips of prints. I would like to end up using each print only once. Here is my next stack to sew together.

I am going to have to go thru my fabric again and take a second look at the prints I did not cut from the first time thru. I still need another thirty or so of prints so some of those rejects the first time might get used after all.

I also make more banana cupcakes on Sunday. One of the fellows at work didn't get one on Friday at the pig out so I told him I would bring some today. There were lots of cupcakes at the pig out, but mine were the only homemade ones. I guess people just don't bake. I forgot to take a picture of the nine of them this morning after I frosted them, but here is a picture of three of them in the container I put together for that fellow. For me this is fun to hand over some homemade goodies to someone who appreciates them.

Did you get some quilting/sewing done over the weekend to celebrate International Quilting Weekend? I also spent some time doing laundry and dishes, but left a few tasks around the house undone since I spent so much time sewing. This week I will have to catch up on those.

4 comments:

barbara woods said...

glad you are4 feeling better , my hubby has had bronchitic for nearly three weeks

Ann said...

I'm glad you're well enough to work on your sixteen patches.

Janice Holton said...

Yay for feeling better! I really like the splash of color all over this quilt you're working on.

Kaja said...

I'm glad you are finally feeling better and making good progress too.