Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Progress on two fronts

I managed to get three rows of blocks sewn together! The rows still need sewn to each other. You can tell which ones because the rows are shorter.

I did work in the yard whacking away at the ornamental grass for another 40 - 45 minutes. Here is how it looked when I started

and what it looks like now

There are two mature clumps there on the right. I want to dig the front one out. I know it will be a battle. The root ball is dense and thick. I want to transplant clumps of it so I will work at removing smaller pieces. I don't think there is any way I could ever get it out in one piece!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That looks like the best way to tackle the ornamental grass, in little chunks. Some of the biggest hostas are best dealt with that way too instead of trying to move the whole thing.