Friday, March 22, 2019

73% done

I got those 12 blocks sewn together, pressed and hung on the design wall. That means I am 73% done with making the blocks for this quilt. The one block is laying on the floor because I ran out of room on the wall and there will be 10 rows by 9 blocks wide.

I dug around and found these to containers that had some fat quarters in them.
I need 24 more blocks and was able to find 15 prints that I had not used yet in this quilt. I still need 9 more prints, but I am confident I can dig around in the fabric storage room and find 9 more prints that will work.

On my way to work I got to thinking about what do I have for backing. I want a print with some color. I will have to look around this weekend to see what I can find.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Elaine M said...

Great quilt with all these colors, they will love it. A riot of colorful laughter!

Vicki W said...

This is going to be a very cool quilt!

Kaja said...

I really like the contrast in these blocks. You are doing well to find enough new fabrics to keep going!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Good to be home! Missed everyone though. I couldn't post to my blog in the Islands. Iam so sorry that Akron Art Prize is no more! I know how you loved putting your work in there.

Love those 16 patches! I really am amazed at how the diverse prints just look so good together. They will love it!