Monday, April 1, 2019

Productive weekend

I was up early Saturday and worked on the 16 patch quilt top. I left the house about 10 and didn't get back until after 6 p.m. I went to visit family and on the way home stopped at three different grocery stores. Sunday I got back at the quilt top and finished sewing it together.

I dug around the fabric storage room and found some pieces for the back. I want it to be as colorful as the front. I am using six pieces that were also used to make six of the 16 patch blocks. I have it almost sewn together.

Mother Nature is being mean right now. I rained all day Saturday then it turned to snow. We ended up with a couple inches. Here is a picture out the sewing room window. In the foreground are the daffodils. It is suppose to warm up to 44 today so I think they will be ok. I had gotten down to 20 degrees overnight. The next picture is what it look like at 8 p.m. I did see a salt truck this morning. The roads in Akron were covered, but as soon as I left the city limits the roads were clear.

Update on the iron situation - I decided to try cleaning my old iron before I declared it trash. I couldn't remember how to clean it so therefore I hadn't cleaned in in a couple of years. I got the directions out from the box with the new iron and guess what? After running it thru the cleaning mode three times, it steams again! I am such a goof! I plan on continuing to use it until it craps out and keep the new one for a spare.

I did make more banana cupcakes on Sunday. My boss's birthday is today so I made them for her.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

That quilt is so happy!

barbara woods said...

maybe now spring will be on it's way!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your scrappy back will be perfect for the 16 patch.

I saw that there was going to be snow in IN and OH. I'm happy it missed us but we were in the 30s all day yesterday. It is 44 degrees today.

Kaja said...

Great going! I like how the lightest fabrics give this a bit of a shine.

Frog Quilter said...

A very happy beautiful quilt. I love the start of the back fabrics. I spy a piece of Jane Sassman fabric, I heart her fabric.