Tuesday, March 19, 2019

5 more done

I got those five blocks sewn together

and here they are slapped up on the design wall. I now have 54 of the 90 blocks I need sewn together. That comes to 60%.

I got started on sewing the strips together for the next batch of blocks. I need 36 more blocks. I have no idea how many blocks I will get out of these strips - I didn't bother to count yet.

When I was cleaning up plies of fabric looking for more prints for cutting strips for this quilt, I cut these wide strips out of my pile of neutral fabrics. I saw this on ebay for these vintage 17" nine patch blocks that I liked. I thought to myself why buy these when I have fabric that I have had so long it is now vintage so I will make my own vintage neutral nine patch blocks! LOL!!! Look at the stack that I ended up with! This will be one of those projects that will take a while because I will sew these when I have a few minutes here and there.

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

That's going to be so pretty

exuberantcolor said...

You really have a good variety of colors in your 16 patches. The neutral quilt sounds like fun too.

Kaja said...

I like the idea of making your own neutral 'vintage' blocks. The 16 patches are looking bright and beautiful.