Thursday, March 21, 2019

Better than nothing

I had dinner with a friend last evening so I didn't have much time to sew. I did manager to get two blocks sewn together this morning before I left for work. That is better than nothing! LOL!! I will press them once I get the rest of the blocks in this group sewn together.

It had been a few months since my friend and I got together so I had a few things to pass over to her. I had the placemats that I dyed, a knitted baby blanket - that is a long story, and the flannel table topper.
It was good to get together and hear about her trip to San Antonio to go to a rodeo and visit family.

The daffodils are enjoying the milder weather although it is still getting cold at night. They must be at least 8 to 10 inches tall already. The daylilies are poking up too although the deer come by and eat the new tender leaves. Once the leaves get about 4 to 6 inches the deer won't eat them.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your plants must be in a protected area to come up so early. I do need to go out and rake the leaves off my flower beds and see if anything is up here. It was too wet and then too cold to get my raking done in Nov.