Friday, March 29, 2024

On schedule and the tree is gone

The quilt top is sewn back together and trimmed. Whew!
I got the backing washed and here it is in the dryer.
When I got home from work, the tree was gone. Yeah! Here is what it looked like before and after. The tree was not in good condition and the needles were very sharp! It was a lot easier to remove it now with the skid steer than me having to cut it down! Getting rid of it will make it easier for my neighbor to regrade the lawn from removing that abutment. There was some weed barrier fabric under the tree with junk growing on it left in a wad in my yard. I told my neighbor I would get rid of it, but I got too busy last night with the quilt to deal with it. So, I got out there at 6 A.M. this morning, rolled over the trash bin, laid down the bin, and shoved the stuff inside the bin. I had cut down the ornamental grass - you can see the tan debris laying in the pictures - so I cleaned that up while I was at it. It reminded me of a R.E.M. song "Gardening at Night." LOL!! I wanted to get that cleaned up since guys were coming today to spread topsoil.
Have a great weekend and have a wonderful Easter!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It will probably feel strange for a few days to not have that tree there.
I'm glad the quilt top went together okay.

Ann said...

I’ve been working in my garden, too. Lots of thinning and dividing. Fortunately, some friends want some of the plants. I’ve started some zinnia seeds and am looking for bee balm and daisies. Still too early.

Vicki W said...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Kaja said...

Happy Easter to you too! I am catching up on blog reading and was really happy to find you are working on another Harley quilt; I love watching these come together.