Monday, March 4, 2024

Project bags and repotting plants

It was a busy weekend for sure! My sister saw the project bags and texted me she was a bit jealous of those purple bags. Purple is her favorite color. I said I would make her some so Saturday morning I proceeded to cut more fabric. By Sunday evening I had 10 project bags done with two left to complete. I like making the smaller bags to go inside the bigger bag for the floss, but they can be used for whatever you want.
I decided I needed a tote bag to put the project bags in when I hand them off to the lady at work, so I dug out this one purple bag that my friend cut from all that fabric for merch booth tote bags. I will sew that together tonight since I need it for tomorrow.
Saturday at a local nursery they were having a Shamrock sale. If you found a golden shamrock hidden somewhere in the store, you got 17% off whatever you bought. I bought two gray terra cotta pots; I will show you those in a minute. What they did have was different varieties of Lenten Roses that I had never seen.
Look at this one
and this one!
Then look at the price. These were probably 3 year old plants. Let's just say even at 17% off none of these came home with me.
I did have to make an emergency trip to the Apple store in the mall. I left my Apple watch charger at work; it got buried under paperwork. The mall was packed so I had to park in the far outer region and even hustling it took me 8 minutes to get to the store. They sell the charger cord separate from the block (of course) and the block had a different connection size than the ones for the phones, but I got what I needed and by the time I got home I had 1% power left on my watch. The guy at the Apple store said I could bring it back if I wanted to. Hun? What? That trip shot 45 minutes of my Saturday.
I did get 5 plants repotted on Sunday since the weather was warm enough that I could take the plants out to the garage. Here they are all in their new pots.  The big orange terra cotta pots are 11" across so they were heavy to carry upstairs from the garage. 
I had bought a couple of these gray pots where it is easy to see how saturated the soil is when watering them from the bottom.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Now you can have one charger at work and one at home.
I have re-potting envy. I just haven't wanted to do it but need to for several plants.