Thursday, March 28, 2024

One step backwards

I got the bottom row sewed on and then began to trim the sides. I did the right side first - no particular reason. I flipped the quilt around to trim the left side the same width as the right and ran into a problem. The amount of black between the seam and the designs is too much. If I would cut it the same width as the right side, I would end up cutting right along that bottom motif. Ugh! So I lined up the big ruler
and cut a good 2" off.
I ripped off the excess from the body of the quilt top.
I already pressed the seam flat. Tonight I will have to restitch the seams along the body of the top, then I can sew the side back onto the top. After than I can trim the side. I already cut the batting that I will need. Once I get the top put back together, I will have a better idea of the lengths of backing I need to cut and toss them in the washer. I figure if I get the backing sewn together Friday evening, I can then start pin basting. I hope to start quilting on Saturday. Sunday will be quilting except for the time I will be going to my brother's house for Easter for a couple hours. What will be nice is once I get the 9 shirts in the middle quilted, everything else is black so I can just keep quilting until the bobbin runs out. Well, at least that is the plan!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope the rest of this quilt will be smooth sailing.