Friday, March 8, 2024

Daffodils, cheesecake, construction, and project bags

When I went to the mailbox I was greeted by some daffodils that are blooming. These are the ones next to the house so it is a bit warmer here with the bricks holding the heat from the southern sun.
I needed to make a cheesecake for work; it's a long story, but a good one.
I worked on the project bags a bit. I am still in the cutting phase. I have this one piece of fabric I needed something to coordinate with it so here are the fabrics I pulled out of my stash.
I removed the ones that were too green and the ones that just didn't go with the sampler fabric. Here are the ones left that I will study again later today when I have better light. I don't have a lot of some of those pieces so I will be using more than one of them.
Today is the final event in the Women in Construction Week. I will be heading to the home office for a luncheon. Last year the gift that was given to each of us was this custom Yeti. I wouldn't mind getting another one.
I saw that there was a small skid steer and small backhoe in the neighbor's driveway. They have a brick retaining wall that is in bad condition and a brick abutment that comes off the side of the garage; those are both coming down. The neighbors have had to wait to do this work until they had the money and have been wanting to do it for a long time. The abutment goes to the property line and Dave has to go thru my yard to get to the back of his property to mow. It's no big deal to me, but with the useless abutment gone he will glad to have easier access. I will take more pictures.
Tonight my goal is to get the rest of the project bags cut out, cut the interfacing and vinyl, press on the interfacing and press the zipper pieces so I can start sewing the bags together tomorrow and Sunday. Let's see how many I can get done this weekend. Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, you removed the large flower print :(. I like that one ;-) Exciting to see improvements in your neighborhood.