Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Dog tired

I don't know where I picked up the phrase "dog tired" but that is how I felt when I got home from work yesterday. I got something to eat, sat in front of the space heater and fell asleep for a while. I had no ambition to get anything done. This morning, I was up early enough to make a pot of soup for meals today. I had found a recipe and I had everything on hand I needed, chicken broth, chicken, quinoa, frozen spinach, and celery. Add in some Rosmary, thyme, garlic, a little salt, and a can of drained Canelli beans and like magic I had a big pot of soup. I did drizzle in some parmesan cheese that was beaten with an egg for a finishing touch. If you beat the cheese with the egg, the egg helps distribute the cheese throughout the soup. I had some for breakfast and it was pretty good.
I didn't have much for lunch yesterday and so I think I was tired from lack of fuel. I will have soup today whenever I want and see if I have the energy tonight to get something done.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Home made soup is a great quick meal. I don't always feel like cooking and hope I can find a quick meal in the fridge or cupboard.