Monday, March 11, 2024

Project bag factory!

My box from Wawak arrived Friday full of thread and zippers.
I bought 10 spools of thread and decided to straighten out my thread drawer to make room for them.
I bought a lot of zippers! They were having a sale - buy 2 get one free - so I had to make sure I ordered even numbers and I bought enough to get free shipping. I ended up buying 117 zippers! Here is what they looked like all spread out and a picture of how many I have left right now. I did buy a bunch of black zippers to fill out the order and to have on hand.  Hardley looks like I made a dent with as many bags as I made this weekend! LOL!!
I know I spent more time at the cutting table and at the iron than I sewed. It takes a lot of pressing and cutting to make project bags. I managed to get 32 bags made - 22 large bags 12" x 14" and 10 small bags 7" x 10". The small ones take the nearly the amount of time as the large ones.
I have these ready to trim, press and then sew.
These pieces are ready to be sewn into zipper units.
I need to finish pressing these pieces for zipper units.  I need to continue to make as many bags as I can by Thursday morning.
We had the Women In Construction luncheon on Friday. The tables were decorated with these beautiful bags.
Inside was a pink bathrobe monogramed with our first initial and a bag of goodies.
On Sunday it snowed most of the day which was fine because I wasn't going anywhere - I had project bags to make! Poor daffodils!
I did have to leave the house on Saturday to get more vinyl. That trip only burned 45 minutes so not too bad.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's nice to have supplies on hand when starting a big project like yours. The bags look great.
The snow missed us and you are the third blog I have read that did get the snow.

Vicki W said...

I haven't shopped at Wawak before. I'll have to check it out and see if they have big spools of grosgrain ribbon.