Monday, March 25, 2024

Did what I could

I was a busy weekend getting things ready for company on Sunday and having to make a trip to the optical office an hour away. I bought new prescription sunglasses, and I was seeing double especially on the left side. Turns out there was a mix-up with the prescription and since my eyes are really bad, where I see thru the glasses was off a bit. The optical fellow said the worse a prescription is, the more precise where you look thru the lenses has to be. They will get the lenses remade and we will try again. By the time I got home from errands and the optical place I was beat so I chilled out all afternoon. Butter and cream cheese were on sale - butter $3.46 and cream cheese two for $5.00 - so I stocked up
Here is my plate for Sunday's dinner: Honey Baked ham, green beans, mac and cheese and little red potatoes. It was all good.
Sunday the neighbor's brother showed up to remove a retaining wall that was failing and a brick abutment that was a useless design element. This was some entertainment for my company. LOL!!
Both have been removed. My neighbor was really lucky that there was no type of fasteners between the house and the abutment. That annoying pine tree that belongs to me is also going to be gone. His brother said he would get rid of it stump and all!
The brother is also going to move the back steps at my garage. When I get my new deck, I will have them build a smaller lower deck so these ugly steps have got to go!
I did get a bit more done on the Harley quilt. Three rows are ready to be sew together.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wish I could find Land o' Lakes butter on sale for that price. The lowest it has been here in months is $4.59. You must freeze the cream cheese too. I have never done that but I do freeze the butter.
You really lucked out to find someone quickly to remove the tree and someone you know and trust. I have a couple trees in the back yard that need to come down but they are in my wild garden and I don't know if I can face what someone might damage getting the trees down.

Vicki W said...

You seem to have some really nice neighbors!