Wednesday, March 27, 2024

May have a deadline

I did good last evening and got both the top and bottom rows sewn together. Then I even sewed the top row on to the three rows!
Tonight, I will make the final decision about the size. I pulled out two pieces for backing and there will not be enough of the piece with the skulls wearing headphones if I make the quilt top any bigger. Since this is a giveaway, it doesn't matter what size it is so I think not making it bigger will be my choice. I need to trim the sides so that will take off a few inches for the width.
I sent a text this morning to see if the lady that I am making this quilt for will be at a show my nephew is playing where she lives on April 8th. It is the Eclipse show to entertain people during the eclipse that will happen in this area that day. If she is going to be there, then I can send the quilt with the band, so she doesn't have to drive almost 2 hours to pick it up from me. I can't work the show because I have mandatory training at work. All this means is I now have a deadline and need to get the quilt done in 11 days. I was inspired to take this picture this morning from the one Wanda took recently. I took it quickly on my way to work thru the windshield. Not great, but I tried! LOL!!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Harley quilt looks big enough and with the sides trimmed will have good proportion.
Your "moon shot" is pretty neat for being through the windshield. We had cloudy skies the last couple nights so no moon visible.

Cherie Moore said...

Oh boy! Think you can get it done in time? Might be the only thing you do for the next 11 days! Fun to see you used both the Newmarket and Chuck’s t-shirts.

Vicki W said...

April 8th! Wow, that's a Patty-like deadline for sure!