Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Quilting and quilting

I worked pretty hard on the Harley quilt, but I don't think there is any way I can get it done by Sunday. It took me all day to get five shirts quilted! I now have 8 quilted and 17 to go. If I just didn't have a job! LOL!!
Friday on my way home from work I just turned onto my street spied something I could use for a plant stand at work. I had just told someone I needed the neighborhood to gift me a plant stand and it did! It wasn't just ugly, it was fugly!
I slapped on a couple coats of black paint and found a piece of wood to make a larger top. That will work!
One of the guys carried it up the steps to the office. I glued the top on and now the plants will have a little distance from the glass so they don't get fried this summer. Once the adhesive sets up, I will put the other smaller plants on the stand.
I went to my brother's house for Easter and I got a lot of goodies. The box has a magnetic closure; I am sure I will find a good use for it! The pink bag has Easter bread in it.  I took taco seasoning to pass out.
While I was there my brother handed me this case to see if I could fix it. What a mess! LOL!! He needs it for next week. I figure it is going to take a couple hours to fix it so that will be an evening of not working on the Harley quilt. I have told him don't let things get so bad, but maybe this just ripped.  He said he didn't care what it looked like when I was done as long as it worked.  He uses it for something for the keyboard.  There maybe a few swear words involved!  LOL!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Don't sweat the harley quilt. You will get it done! Nice save on the plant stand.

Angie in SoCal said...

What a haul you got for Easter!