Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Road trip and project bags

Yesterday some the women in the company took a road trip to two job sites. After all it is Women in Construction Week. We had nice weather. Here are some pictures of the first site we visited.
Next was lunch the most important part of the day! There were appetizers that I forgot to get pictures of - little salmon paddies that were delicious, soft pretzels with some kind of dip, and a baked brie and feta with pita crackers. For my meal I had Saigon salmon, and it was delicious!
Then let's talk dessert. They had 7 layer cookies - yum!
Then there were the chocolate Oreo balls. They were this rich, fuggy turffle center, the bottom dipped in crushed Oreos and coated with white chocolate. They sewrved three on a plate and decorated the plate with chocolate sause. I managed to get this picture before we comsumed the second plate of these at my end of the table. These were unbelieveably good!
We got back on the bus and headed to the job I am working on. The job site is about a half mile from where the office is so I don't get to see what is going on. Here are a couple shots
Let's just say I was tired when I got home. I did give the lady at work the project bags and she loved them. She is going to a small retreat that doesn't have any designers or venders so she told me if I gave her some project bags, she would sell them for me. Woohoo! After I rested a bit when I got home, I decided to cut fabric for project bags. I needed a place to stage all the pieces, so I hauled in a table I had in the garage. Then I had to see what zippers I had on hand. I needed to order some so I placed and order this morning and they are scheduled to arrive Friday. I have plenty of cutting and prep work to do and a few zippers to keep me moving forward until my order arrives. Let's see how many project bags I can get made by next Wednesday night. The lady works at a different office two hours away, but she will be up at a meeting that I am also in next Thrusday so I will hand them off to her them. So you know what I will be doine for the next week!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can see lunch was the most important part too. I wouldn't have a clue what goes into the construction of any of those big projects.

Cherie Moore said...

Oh boy! Looks like you’ve got a good start. Hope you get lots made and that she’s successful at selling them.