Thursday, July 1, 2021

State of the flannel quilt

I kind of chilled out a bit last night. I watched the TDF before I got to sewing. I did get two long seams sewn. I marked them in blue.
I am glad Hancock's of Paducah ships orders in nice plastic bags. Mine package was laying on the concrete in front of the door as it was pouring down rain on that yellow bundle of goodness. All my fabric was nice and dry. There are also some flannels that are on backorder so more to come from Hancock's,  . The lighter blue piece will be for a flannel quilt that will be lighter colors. I have more coming in light colors to go with it from eQuilter. I will be making a dark flannel quilt and a light flannel quilt for Xmas presents so all this fabric is just not going to sit on a shelf!  Here are the flannels that came yesterday.
A visitor in the front yard.
Speaking of rain, yesterday my phone showed .7 inches and it was pouring this morning and my phone showed .6 inches. The rain is forecasted to end later on today then the weekend it will be drying out a bit. I can imagine there is some mowing coming this holiday weekend so I better get my lawn mower battery charged up! I will give you a sneak preview of the Xmas stocking. I have been working on the details and I am so close to having it all stitched. I been working on the "popcorn" on the Xmas tree for the last couple of days. So far I have stitched 192 French knots and have about 10 more to go.
I am taking a day of vacation tomorrow so it will be a 4 day weekend for me! Have a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Lots of lovely flannels in there! Are some of them Mammoth Flannels by Robert Kaufman? They look similar to ones we've been using for our penguin quilt. We've been going through a very, very hot week here (100F or more). It's supposed to cool down a bit starting tomorrow (LOL to our normal temperatures for summer (85 to 90) - not sure about using the word cooling). I wish you a very happy 4th of July celebration! Have a great weekend.

barbara woods said...

love that stocking!

swooze said...

Happy 4th! I’m enjoying your progress on your flannel.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your French knots look even and very neat. Have a wonderful long holiday weekend:)

Kaja said...

I really like how this is shaping up, especially the way you have got the blocks that are the same clustered together, but not in a predictable way.