Thursday, July 8, 2021

Binding progress, deer pillow, deer, and zinnias

The corners are mitered and the quilt is trimmed. I have tonight and tomorrow to get the hand stitching done then sew on a label. I am taking a vacation day tomorrow so getting it done won't be an issue.  I will have it done to gift on Saturday.  The band has a show on Saturday so I am taking vacation so I have some time for myself.  Saturday will be a long day.
Here is the progress on the deer pillow top - picture of where I was and where I am now. I have eight more of those motifs to stitch and then I can turn the corner. Wanda, yes this is 14 count. 
Speaking of deer, when I opened the garage door to take the trash bin out to the curb there were two fawn in the front yard! I couldn't get my phone out fast enough to take a picture before they scurried off to the back. I walked toward the back and saw the bigger of the two in the neighbor's backyard which I am guessing is a male. When they were near each other in the front the was a very big difference in their size.
I walked back to the garage and stuck my head around to look in the back and saw this. The smaller fawn was sticking close to Momma so I am guessing this is a female.
A moment later Momma was looking to see what was going on
I did get a picture of my zinnias last night. How did that pink one get in this group?

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Love the deer pictures. So cute! What cross stitch pattern are you working on?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's good that you can take the Fridays off with vacation days. 4 day work weeks are really nice. I hope the band has a good showing on Saturday.

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend!

Ann said...

You’ve made good progress with this quilt… almost complete. I planted some zinnias, too, but only one came up. No flower yet so no idea what color. They usually last well in the heat.