Wednesday, July 14, 2021

T-shirt quilt progress

I got the other shirt I found cut up and interfaced. I rearranged the pieces a bit and here is what it looks like currently.
I will continue to sew improv units for the borders and to join the shirt blocks together, but this top is going to sit for a couple weeks. While we were riding home from the show in Warren, I expressed my concern that we were going to run out of shirts to sell in the next couple weeks. I sold a lot of shirts in Warren, we have two shows this weekend, and two shows next week. Next week we go to Lorain, Ohio and always sell shirts like crazy! I remember selling out of shirts twice in one season at Lorain. Michael sent me the design for the new shirt so I could see it and I know it will be a big hit. Meanwhile I will keep selling the new gold ones he bought for this year. I know these gold ones will sell out in the next few shows so that means that I will wear the new shirt at the booth and can add the gold one to the t-shirt quilt. Here is what the gold shirt looks like.
I had to go and check my coneflowers out after I got home from work and they are blooming like crazy!  The California poppies are surrounding the coneflowers and they have slowed down blooming or else all the rain has just knocked off the flower pedals.  

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your coneflowers are such a beautiful deep color. I think next year I will trim mine back before they start the buds so I can have shorter bushier plants.

Kaja said...

I love coneflowers - haven't tried growing them yet though. That yellow t-shirt is going to add an extra dimension. Do they come up with a new version every time they sell out?

Robbie said...

I am just catching up on blogs...are you making another T shirt quilt! You are my hero!!