Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Binding that quilt

My evenings sure go fast. After cooking some food for lunch today, stripping the bed to wash the sheets, and vacuuming the studio, I turned on the TDF to watch the first hour and the last hour of the race (Stage 10) while I sewed the binding on the flannel quilt.
Tonight I will miter the corners and get it trimmed. I got my next cross stitch project started yesterday at lunchtime. I had a huge piece of Fiddler's cloth that I have had since the late 80's. Fiddler's cloth is an Aida cloth that is a heather oatmeal color. I really don't like stitching on Aida, but I thought I would make a couple pillows for Xmas gifts and use up some of the cloth. I found a design in a book from the library. They had stitched it in a dark green.
I am going to stitch one in black DMC and the other one in this variegated thread.  Even with cutting two 18" squares from the Fiddler's cloth, I still have more left!
This will be a good project to take with me to work on at the merchandise booth when I have no customers since I won't need a chart to look at to stitch the border. Here is how far I have gotten in 1 1/2 hours.
Then speaking of deer - last night I saw the doe and her fawn in the backyard. I hadn't seen them for a couple weeks. The fawn is eating vegetation, but is still nursing too.

3 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Glad to see you are keeping busy. Nice cross stitch project and the deer are SO CUTE!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Is that a 14 count cloth you are stitching on?

Vicki W said...

We have seen so many fawns this year. Too many really but I expect the local (growing) coyote population to take care of things. Nature always finds a balance.