Thursday, July 29, 2021

Tote bag fabric, floss, and t-shirts

No progress on the odds and ends quilt; I had a hair appointment after work so I didnt' get home until after 7. What I do have to show is a box that arrived
One of my blog readers sent me this box of fabric she no longer had a use for so I could use it for tote bags. It will make some very cool bags!
She also sent me this cute cross stitch chart! I can't wait to stitch it!
On my way home from the salon, I did stop at Michael's and get the floss I needed to finish the Irish Blessing piece. I also picked up two more skeins of black for the deer cushion cover. I have used almost two skeins of floss already and I am not even close to being halfway done. Since I am doing the design again in a varigated thread I picked up two more skeins of that too.
Here is the progress I have made on the deer cushion cover - the where I was last time I posted picture and where I am now.
I was handed a bag of shirts for the next commission t-shirt quilt. The way the fellow had talked I though he would have a big bag of shirts. Instead it was a little bag of little shirts! I will be making a twin sized quilt out of these shirts and a pair of kids camouflaged overalls.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Those fabrics are going to make a lot of tote bags! The prints are perfect for bags.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Yay! The box arrived safe and sound. Sounds like you can use it all so that is GREAT!! I thought you might like the cross stitch....glad I sent it along as an LS (little surprise). It will fun to see the newest commission develop as I suspect it will have a different look with the smaller t-shirts/jerseys.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Some people have no concept of how much fabric it takes to make a quilt. The guy probably thought that was a lot of shirts.