new cross stitch project, amp cover, thread score.
I decided to replicate this cross stitch piece I did way back in 1983 for a gift for someone who has built an Irish pub in their new house.
I haven't seen the pub, but I will sometime in the next few months. I thought it would make a nice housewarming gift for people who have everything. I tried out a couple differnt fabrics and ended up using a Dublin linen. I started this on Friday evening and stitched on it most of Saturday. I had to stop on Sunday because I ran out of the dark green for the lettering. I was so close to having it done! I will be driving by a Michael's on Wednesday so I will stop and get a skein of DMC 500.
I went to a tag sale Sunday morning and got this thread, 6" ruler, and two tomatoes for the grand total of $3.25! I was needed some black thread and I was happy to get the nice assorment of grays. There was a bag of tape measures, and a few zippers but not any other sewing items.
I did get a bag made for the drum riser mask. Maybe that will help keep it from getting dirty.
I only had the measurement for one of the two amp covers my brother needs, so I got the one made.
I also did a bit of weeding early Sunday morning, but only for about an hour. It was so humid I couldn't stand it for any longer. 92% humidity! It was awful!