Sunday, February 14, 2021

What I have been up to

I have been working on another UFO. It is another one that is at least 12 or 13 years old and no this is not my oldest UFO that still needs finished. I originally made it for a wedding gift, but after reading the blog of the bride I decided she probably wouldn't like it. She is very particular. SO I decided to finish it and if I get it done in time, it will go to someone I know will appreciate it. I had seem a picture of a quilt that the center was made up of squares cut from a large print and just sewn back together. There was a nice distinction between the squares, but that is not what happen to this quilt. I started out with this fabric
Here is what it looks like. It's not horrible, just not what I was aiming for. LOL!!
To finish this quilt I had a cone of King Tut thread in the color Equinox. It is an odd gray green color.
It looks pretty good on this quilt. I have run thru 31 bobbins and have 43% of it quilted. The quilt measures about 89 x 98 so it is another big one! I did get the center area quilted so the rest will be easier. I have marked off what I have quilted so you can see where I am at.
I do like the fabric I used for the border. You don't see a stripe like this very often.
I will show you what I used for the back once this is done. I just know that I am tired! That was a lot of quilting in a couple of days. Then on Saturday I took a road trip 50 miles one way to the town where I use to live to go to the meat market - yes, they have great meat and some of what I bought was on sale - and I needed to go to the credit union. That trip took 3 hours; driving always tires me out so that didn't help when I was trying to quilt as much as I could.  I am stocked up with protein for the next two months so it was well worth the trip. 

4 comments:

swooze said...

What will you do with it? I do love that stripe. I’ve been inert all weekend. Too cold!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that big print, so graphic!

Vicki W said...

I think the quilt looks really cool. There are a lot of people who would love this one. Love your cone thread stand. That's brilliant!

Kaja said...

I too love the big print and I am intrigued by the idea of cutting up a piece of fabric and then sewing it back together again. It has possiblities!