Thursday, February 25, 2021

Continue to make progress

I quilted for three hours last evening and I am now 33% done with quilting this quilt. I finished the black parts of those two blocks, then quilted a block at the center top and borders on two sides - the purple outlined areas.
Yesterday on my lunchtime walk I saw a heron and two ducks hanging out with the thousands of Canada Goose. Here is the heron. I tried to get a little closer, but the bird was not having any of it and would fly off if I got within 20'. 
This morning there is a female cardinal trying to figure out why she can get thru the windows. These windows have a reflective coating on them so I don't know if she sees herself and that is why she is confused.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm not sure if I have ever seen a heron close up. I guess they are usually near water and I'm not near any. I think birds have a hard time with the reflective windows because they probably see the landscape behind them as well as themselves.