Friday, February 19, 2021

Square inch by square inch

Last evening went by quick! I had to shovel as soon as I got home; another 1" - 1 1/2" had fallen yesterday morning. It was light and fluffy so it was easy to shovel.
I had to cook some protien for lunch today and then I finally could get to the machine and quilt more on the tropical quilt. I now am 70% done with the quilting. Slowly this is getting done.  In this picture it doesn't look I quilted much - the purple outlined area, but being that the picture is in perspective it makes the area I quilted look smaller.
My plan this weekend is to finish quilting this and hopefully get started on the binding. While I was out walking yesterday I saw a momma Canada Goose watching over her babies. I was very surprised to see babies this time of year! I have no idea what the poor thing eat since there aren't many bugs right now. And then they were in that freezing water! There is a small area of open water at the pond despite the freezing temperatures. I wonder where they go at night and how do they keep warm? At one point momma flew off and left them alone. I would think they would be prime bate for a hawk which there are hawks around here.

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

I bet driving is a pain

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The end is in sight on the quilting. I'm sure it has been an adjustment to be driving to work and back each day.

Vicki W said...

You commute time really put a dent into quilting time! Of course, when you can stop shoveling snow you'll get a lot of time back. The geese loot pitiful but nature does what nature does. In the past to weeks we've started hearing then squawking on the river in the mornings. We'll have babies tromping through the yard soon. One year I thought it would be cute to feed them some corn. I ceased that bad idea really quickly.