Thursday, February 11, 2021

7th and 8th finish for 2021; cross off two more UFOs!

I decided to work on two more small UFOs that have been hanging around for over a decade or two. They are now done. I pieced this Amish looking top a long time ago. It was 42" square.

I decided to add more of the navy blue to make it rectangular and then it would be the right size for a charity baby quilt. I dug thru my solids scrap bin and found a piece of navy big enough.
In person, this piece is ugly so I figure I couldn't make it any worse.  I decided to quilt it with some variegated thread. I had kept the binding with it all these years which I am glad I did because it would be hard to match the red. It is done and it finished 41" x 51". I just threw a print on the back and called it a day.
Finish number 8 was some blocks I had pieced with fabric I had stamped.
I remember I needed to stamp more fabric, but couldn't find the lips stamp so the project came to a stop. I recently found the stamp when I was cutting my scraps, but I was no longer interested in stamping more fabric.
I decided I would use the one piece of stamped fabric I still had and just square up the unit of 6 blocks and add a border. Here is the section squared up.
Here is the finished quilt. It ended up 37.5" x 46.5" and will be another charity quilt.
Now I have to figure out what is next!

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Great finishes! Your stack of UFOs is going down.

swooze said...

Love the Amish quilt. Your go to quilting pattern...love it.

What ink did you use to stamp with?

Kaja said...

Quick work! I am curious as to why you think the Amish piece is ugly. It looks fine on a computer monitor. :-)

Frog Quilter said...

Lovely quilting and both are fabulous!

Vicki W said...

You are on a roll! Those are great finishes.

Ann said...

I agree with Kaja. The Amish quilt is not babyish but it's very handsome. I'd love it if I were a new parent.
And congratulations on finishing old ufos. We always think of quilts as eternally classic but styles do come and go.