Friday, February 5, 2021

Quilting, thread, and scones

I had an online meeting this morning for work. It highlighted important areas of the subcontract the company uses when hiring contractors for projects. At lunch today I made myself go to the local sewing center and get some 40 wt. light grey thread. I ran out and needed more to finish the Harley t-shirt quilt. I double masked and was the only customer in the store. They didn't have any King Tut, but they had Mettler which I like and works well in my machine. It was partly sunny out which helped mentally with the wind and cold. There were a few flakes that fell, but so far not that much snow has fallen here.
I did get three more t-shirts quilted. The one was small so I only jumped from 60% to 67% done.
This afternoon I made a batch of date and pecan scones with maple glaze. They tasted so good. I will have enough for a few days to have with my tea.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

i have never seen Mettler thread on a cone before. I have used Mettler thread for years because our local sewing shop carried it and I like it too.

swooze said...

Scones...yum!