Monday, February 22, 2021

9th finish for 2021

I can now cross another UFO off the list. I managed to get this quilt quilted, got the binding sewn on and it even has a label! It finished 89" x 98". I struggled finding fabric for the binding. I wanted a color - not black. I found two pieces of Kona, one on the blue side and one on the green side, but I didn't have enough of either.
So I dug around some more and found this lighter blue that I had plenty of. Yes, it is a minion fabric - read on.
SO here is the finished quilt. It was after 6 PM so the sun was gone. The lighting is not very good.
Here is the back. I used this fabric because 1. it was one of the few fabric I had that I have enough length of and 2. it's cute! So now you know why the binding has minions.
Onward to the next project!

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

LOL, this is so cute. Another great finish. Love the Minion fabric.

Vicki W said...

That little blue binding works great on this graphic quilt. The Minion backing is awesome!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

This is a real twofer with the front and back so different. Everyone in the family can use it with the side up they like the best.

swooze said...

Congrats on the finish!

Kathy S. said...

Way to cross another off the list. LOVE the quilting on this one as well. That's awesome!