Friday, February 28, 2020

Yeah it is Friday!

I had an appointment to get my car serviced after work. Then with a quick stop at the grocery store afterwards, I didn't get home until 6 so I didn't have much time to sew. I did managed to get most of this shirt quilted. I ran out of bobbin thread so I called it quits for the evening.

I have big plans in my head of what I would like to get done this weekend. I feel like since we get an extra day this year - February 29 Leap Day - I am thinking I should not waste the day. My list includes trying to finish the t-shirt quilt and working in the laundry/utility room. I need to get painting done in the laundry/utility room before the plumbers come back to install the hot water heater. I also want to put in a new floor. I will have to get the floor started up to the point where once they get the old water heater removed, it will only take me a few minutes to get the floor installed where the hot water heater sits. Before any of this happens I have to find a home for all the stuff I have stored in this room! I also have a contractor coming to give me an estimate on replacing my rotted deck.

On the way to and from work there is a busy intersection that I noticed a spot that started sinking. Here is how the spot has been fixed. LOL!!

On my walk from the far side of the bridge where I have to park now, I stopped and took a picture of the wall we are installing for the bridge abutment.

Here is what the other side looks like
Then across the street I hadn't noticed that they had installed the posts for the noise wall. I circled the posts in yellow

While I was waiting for my car to be serviced, I spent my time quilting on the DWR quilt. I keep trying to put a few stitches in this everyday. That pink is much brighter in this picture than what it really is.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

Have a great weekend and I hope everything goes to plan!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are right we all need to make good use of that extra day!!

Kaja said...

I really like that picture with the posts for the bridge wall. I hope you have a productive weekend.

Ann said...

I'm glad you got out and shared these photos. The daffodils are blooming here.

barbara woods said...

our roads are falling apart all over the country