Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Labels and boxy pouches

I needed to get two baby quilts labeled so I could ship them to my sister. Someone she works with just had twin girls. I will hand stitch the labels on at lunchtime.
There is an young lady who is an intern on the highway/bridge job. We get along great and we learn a lot from each other. She is so smart! Yesterday the conversation was about what a roux was. She had no idea. I had brought creamed spinach to work and how I made it led to the roux explanation. Then we have a bunch of carpenter pencils in the cupboard and she asked if they would fit in a pencil sharpener. I said I have a sharpener for that type of pencil so she could sharpen them. Here is the sharpener. I had bought it at Home Depot for just a few dollars since I have carpenter pencils at home.
Now we have a nice handful of sharpened carpenter pencils
The intern and my conversations also lead to talking about my boxy pouches. I brought my bag of pouches this morning and gave her one for herself and one for her Mom. Here is one that I use for different things. Right now it has the thread and a scissors I need for stitching on the labels.
My SIL the other day said she would like another boxy pouch as she uses the one I gave her all the time! She also asked if I had any extra she would like to give one to her Mom. I found a Tyvek envelope and stuff 8 in there to mail to her. I still have 27 left out of the 100+ I made.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have never seen a pencil sharpener like that so I just learned something new. I had only seen that type of pencil sharpened with a pocket knife when I was young.

Vicki W said...

Well you were ready for a lot of gift giving!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Oh Wow!! Terry uses those pencils all the time. I never knew they made a sharpener for them. He uses a pocket knife to sharpen them. I'm almost excited to go to Menards to see if they have them. One of the blogs I follow just posted that they will develop a pattern for a flat bag and I'm excited to get the pattern. I used one all the time to carry shoes to work. Wow, you made more than 100 of them? How big are yours? Cool!!
xx, Carol

Kaja said...

I've never even seen a carpenter pencil before but they look extremely cool, even if you need your special sharpener. How nice to be working with someone so agreeable.