Friday, February 21, 2020

Yeah it's Friday!

Another bit of progress on the t-shirt quilt. It took me 2 hours to quilt this Girl Scout scarf! Lots of detailed quilting around each one of the symbols and the lettering. I had to take it slow and easy to make sure I kept the fabric smooth and taunt.
Then I quilted this little filler piece.

Here is my tip of the day when quilting t-shirts quilts. For each shirt I detail quilt around the design first then meander quilt the background as I can. Say for instance there is wording 2 or 3 inches down from the top of the block. I would quilt around those letters and then meander stitch the space between the letters and the top edge. Next I would work my way down to the next area that needed detailed stitching and quilt that. I found that if I meander the background first then do the detailed stitching, it is harder to work in any excess.

I am now 40% done with the quilting! This is for the daughter of a lady I work with for the daughter's graduation so she doesn't need it until May, but I plan on having it done in the next two weeks. I want to try and get as much as I can done on the quilt this weekend between all the other things weekends usually entail. It is suppose to be in the 50's on Sunday so if nothing else I will have to wash my car. It is so dirty with all the dust from the job site.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Hope you had a very productive weekend!

Kaja said...

You are well ahead of the game with this - plenty of time for car washing. :-)