Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Big progress again!

I managed to get the Mickey Mouse block quilted. Gosh it was hard to see the gray quilting thread on that gray fabric! LOL!!!

I then found some cut off bits of the knit basketball jersey so I could make a sandwich and try out FMQ on it. I didn't have any problem FMQ so I went for it! I just had to sew a bit slower and not pull the fabric too taut.

I am now 81% done with the quilting! The area inside the pink is what I have left to quilt.

Can I even tell you how much I love that Le Creuset cast iron braiser pan I bought? I have been cooking my salmon in it. I like a little browning on the salmon and the pan is a breeze to clean. It was worth every penny I spent on it! With this pan I just have to remember to use potholders because the handles get hot and not drag the pan across the glass top. I still need to try cooking eggs - maybe an omelet this weekend.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are almost done! I agree about the matching thread, it is really hard to see how well you are doing or where you have already been.