Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Layered!

I was tired after work so I sat down and watched the Superbowl half time and speed watched the second half of the game. Yes, I knew who won; I just wanted to see how KC did it. I then forced myself to work on the t-shirt quilt. I finished pressing the backing, taped it down, spread the batting and then the top. It is now all ready for pin basting.

When I got home from work I walked to the mail box and saw that the daffodils are poking thru the mulch! It was 60 degrees yesterday! That is crazy for February in NE Ohio! I told the daffodils not to come up, but I am not sure they listened! LOL!!! These are the ones next to the house so it is warmer there with the brick absorbing the sun's heat.

Several of you asked about when I will retire and where. The when - maybe in three years. The where - I'm not sure right now. I just know I will not be staying where I live right now. There is a lot I don't like about this area and the taxes are ridiculous. So over the next several years I will be concentrating on getting all those little jobs around the house done so the place will be ready to sell.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

This year we were given a fun Super Bowl to watch! Patrick Mahomes is fun to watch.

Ann said...

You are progressing well on this t-shirt quilt. Good luck with all your projects.

Kaja said...

Daffodils are always hopelessly optimistic about the arrival of spring, but at least they are sturdy enough to survive the odd cold blast. The t-shirts are looking good.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a warm day! We haven't gotten quite that warm yet. In fact there were still patches of snow on the ground today and now it is snowing again.

Real estate taxes are really high here in IL. Finding a place where you like the weather and the taxes are reasonable should be a challenge.