Monday, February 10, 2020

I tried

Friday after work I had to run some errands - Home Depot, Aldi, and Earth Fare - so by the time I got home I wasn't much in the mood to do much. Saturday I thought the plumbers were coming so I was up early to get a bit more cleaning done. I as waited on the plumbers I fell asleep in my sewing chair. I guess because I couldn't find the half sheet of plywood I needed, the plumbers didn't come. I didn't get much of anything done the rest of the day.

Sunday I got moving. I had 28 Harley t-shirts that I cut up and pressed on the interfacing. That took me most of the day. I hung a few on the design wall and the rest are in a pile ready to be used. I leave plenty of extra fabric around the motifs for flexibility since I am not sure what size I need them to be yet.
I have quite a pile of leftover bits from cutting up the t-shirts. These make great rags. I will keep some for myself and take some to work where the guys always need rags.

This will be the fifth Harley quilt I have made for Andrea's poker run which she has in honor of her daughter that died in a car accident. This will be the 10th anniversary of her passing. Every year I have t-shirts pieces that are leftover so I keep them for the next year. Here is my pile of leftovers which some may make it into this year's quilt.

I didn't get any of the commission t-shirt quilt quilted. I just couldn't muster up the energy on Saturday to work on it. I did get my sewing machines switched out. The machine I got back from getting the walking foot fixed works like new. So quiet and smooth.

Here is what the blocks look like for my AHIQ hourglass quilt. I am using the six-minute circle technique to set the hourglass piecing inside the various colors of gray I am using. In the picture it is hard to see the variation of color - there are a couple of grays that look like they are the same. I am going to have to dig thru my solids again to see if I can find some other grays that are between the medium grays and the very light gray. I have no idea how big I will be making this quilt.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

It sounds like you just really needed rest this weekend. I hope it worked and you are feeling better today.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like you have more variety in color in this Harley t-shirt quilt.

Ann said...

I've used that technique to make circles and think it's great. How clever to alter the hourglasses this way. You must have needed the rest Saturday but good luck getting the plumbers to come.