Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The last five days was a real mix of doing nothing because I was tired and getting lots done. Here is a quick recap-
Thursday - tired. watched Fast and Furious movies and made pizza
Friday - pin basted and quilted two baby quilts
Saturday - visited family and did a bit of shopping.
Sunday - spent 4 hours and 20 minutes moving stuff out of my brother's basement. The mold remediation guys were coming Monday so I had to get the stuff moved. I made at least 47 trips up and down the steps. When I got home I was so tired and my calves were killing me. I did managed to get another baby quilt quilted.
Monday - I had to get back over to my brother's to finish up moving stuff. Only 12 more trips. I let the mold guys in and they moved a few things that were too heavy for me. I left there, went to the grocery store, then headed home. I had some cooking to do, laundry, and dishes. I had moved my haircut up so I left early afternoon for that.

My calves are still tender, but they will be ok in a day or two. I was glad to have the five days off.

When I was with family I was requested to knit a scarf. We went into JoAnn's and they picked out what yarn they wanted it made out of. It will be a Christmas present and I got it at least started.

4 comments:

Ann said...

You are a champ to do that moving. How fun to make a Christmas present you know they want. Good start.

Vicki W said...

I don't think I would have had any energy to sew after doing all that hauling!

Pauline Michaud said...

Oh my goodness, can I ever relate to moving the boxes! My hat is off to you for doing that for your brother. It's very challenging work. I still have boxes left to unpack (mostly my quilting stuff). Finally got the office/filing unpacked about a week ago, and renovations have finally been completed. I simply had to take a break as I've been too tired. I work in a longarm quilting studio outside of my full-time day job, and of course, the Christmas rush is on! I'm awed by how much you get accomplished!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That sounds like an awfully busy 5 days. I love the yarn for the new scarf! How neat they got to pick the one they wanted.