Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Scarf progress

I went to dinner with a friend last evening so while I waited for her I knitted on that scarf. I have made some progress, but I have 12 days to get it done! Yikes!
We exchanged gifts and one of the items she gifted me was this vintage measuring cup

I started collecting measuring cups a long time ago. I know - it is a strange thing to collect! LOL!! This is my first blue one and it looks wonderful in my bookcase with my other cups.

I also bought myself a Christmas present - a Power Pro Air Fryer.
Now I won't have to heat up the oven to re-heat a piece of pizza or bake a few egg rolls. I can also dehydrate and rotisserie a chicken, pork loin or beef loin. It will air fry French fries, breaded chicken fingers, and toast bread. I haven't had time to plug it in and try it yet. I think the first thing that I am going to cook is some potatoes. I have a bag of small Yukon gold organic potatoes that need roasted. They take like 40 minutes in the oven so let's see how long they take in the air fryer!

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Nice gift to yourself! Lots of people are getting them and I haven't heard one complaint. I am interested to know how you like what you prepare in it.
Merry Christmas

Ann said...

I've never seen a blue measuring cup. It looks wonderful.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Lovely scarf! Please update on the air fryer! I have been thinking about getting one. Would love to hear what your opinion is after using it! 😊

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm interested in your comments after trying the air fryer too. I talked to one person who likes hers but she doesn't eat the same kinds of foods I do.