Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Number 7 progress and cookies

I am now 66% done with quilting number 7. I hope to get this one done tonight. Only two more baby quilts to quilt!

I made chocolate chip cookies to give as part of a Christmas gift. Over at the hospital job I give something to the project manager, my boss, and the lady laborer who I have gotten to know over the last couple of years. The laborer is a hoot and she loves cookies. She doesn't like to cook, so I thought she should have some homemade cookies and take a break from the store bought ones. The house smelled so good last night that it was hard to go to sleep! The recipe was from The Vanilla Bean blog and they are the pan banging chocolate chip cookies. The only change I made was I made my dough balls 3 ounces instead of 3 1/2. Even with reducing the amount of dough for each cookie, they are big! I got 13 cookies out of the batch.

As I was cooling the cookies I was thinking I sure need another cooling rack. It then dawned on me to check on a never opened bundle of sheet pans my brother gave me that his wife didn't want. Sorry for the glare.

And there it was - another cooling rack!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I had never heard of pan banging cookies and had to look it up. I may try that on my molasses cookies to see if I can keep the centers chewy.

Vicki W said...

Ooooh, love when I get something I need free!