Monday, December 9, 2019

Crazy busy weekend

Lets start with sewing. I managed to get three more baby quilts quilted this weekend between Saturday and Sunday. I have three more to quilt and one lap size top to quilt then I can start binding.

Here is my pile for binding.

Friday night I went to my nephew's graduation/birthday party. He graduated from Kent State with a degree in Advertising. The degree is a backup in case the music career don't pan out. The food was great - pasta, fabulous meatballs, and pizza. I ended up helping out a bit with the food which I didn't mind doing at all.

Sunday morning I went to my brother's house to paint his basement floor. The mold remediation was done and even though the floor was clean it looked awful. After suggesting painting it to my brother, he agreed that a coat of paint would make it look better and I had permission to go buy paint. It took about 1 1/2 hours to paint the edges then I could stand up and use a paint pole to do the rest. I still have to go back and paint the areas that I had to leave because of furniture and under the washer and dryer. When I took these pictures the paint wasn't dry so it looks uneven. I have to go back this weekend and finish. It looks so much better! Here are some before and afters.
That ugly green wall at the far end of the laundry room is going to get some fresh white paint too. That will make this room look so much brighter. The wall behind the washer and dryer also needs a coat of paint so that will happen this weekend. I have already started a list of what I need to bring.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The basement floor looks so much better. I have thought about doing mine but was afraid the paint would chip and look worse in a few years. What kind of paint did you use?

Vicki W said...

Best sister ever!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well, that floor looks a whole lot better that's for sure. I finished all my Christmas sewing and wrapped the gifts. Now I am contemplating what the next project will be.
Merry Christmas
xx, Carol